Many people believe that using eco-friendly energy-saving light bulbs will save energy and money, but recent studies have shown that these light bulbs could have a very negative impact on your health.
This is the reason why an emergency protocol was issued by the United States Protection Agency that you should follow if breakage of these light bulbs occurs because they contain poisonous gas.
Did you know that the gas contained in these light bulbs emits 20 times more mercury than it is allowed?
A study conducted by a team of scientists in the Fraunhofer Wilhelm Klauditz Institute has confirmed this. The team of scientist has also discovered that these light bulbs can cause:
- Inability to focus and concentrate;
- Frequent headaches;
- Dizziness and disorientation;
Many other experts have come to the conclusion that these light bulbs lead to anxiety, migraines and even cancer.
This is due to the fact that contain mercury which is dangerous for everyone especially for pregnant women and children, because it affects many organs such as the liver, brain, kidneys, as well as the nervous system and causes problems in the reproductive, cardiovascular and immune system too. Mercury also has negative impact on your memory causing memory loss, also headaches, tremors, insomnia and even Alzheimer’s disease.
These energy-efficient light bulbs emit UV rays and UV-B radiation which is very harmful for the skin and eyes. It also weakens the immune system because it inhibits the synthesizing of vitamin D3.
Another study which was conducted in Berlin by Peter Braun has discovered that these light bulbs also contain:
Styrene- a liquid hydrocarbon and petroleum byproduct
Naphtalene- an unstable structure which is a byproduct of coal tar distillation often used in the production of mothballs
Phenol – A toxic compound used in the chemical industry
The aforementioned compounds have been proven to be very harmful carcinogens.