Icy cold water may seem as great refreshment during the hot, summer days; however it is actually very bad for your health. Next time you want to drink a glass of cold water stop and remember the things you are going to read in the following article. We are going to explain it to you thoroughly about the adverse effects of this habit on your health.
Imagine diving in a freezing cold mountain lake. You may start feeling cold just by thinking about it. What would happen to your body and skin once you jump in the defrosted lake?
Warm water causes the skin to become loose and soft and it opens the pores. Cold water does the exact opposite thing; it shrinks the pores and tightens the skin. Drinking cold water, on the other hand has the same effects on your digestive tract.
This is what cold water does to your body
- Drinking cold water causes constriction of the blood vessels in the digestive tract which will cause dehydration and restriction in your digestive system
- Regulating the inner body temperature requires more energy and you will not help your body do this if you drink iced water. The digestive system will not have enough energy to digest the food, to extract the nutrients or to reduce the water loss
- Drinking cold water after meals causes production of excess mucus which will interrupt the immune system function. This means you will become more likely to catch a cold or develop a severe health condition
- Drinking cold water or cold soda with your meals will cause you to gain weight. The body is not able to process excess fats because of the effects of cold beverages on the digestive system which means the fats will accumulate in your body
- Cold water is only causing trouble for the digestive system as well as for the immune system function and the ability of the body to burn calories.
Why is drinking warm water better?
- It enables maximum hydration
- Improves digestion – the digestive enzymes are more stimulated
- Improves food metabolism
- Enables proper blood cleansing
- Makes bowel movement easier ( drink a glass of warm lemon water every morning)
- Improved detoxification through the skin, kidneys and lymphatic system
Drinking warm water is something you need to get used to; however once you do you will be amazed from the benefits it provides. This can also stop sugar cravings completely.