Cinnamon is very delicious spice which has a unique smell, color and flavor. Besides being so tasty, this spice also has numerous beneficial properties such as anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-diabetic, anti-microbial, cancer protecting and immunity boosting ability. You can improve your overall health by consuming only 1 teaspoon of this healthy spice. Here are some of the most important benefits from cinnamon consumption.
Health benefits of consuming cinnamon powder
Only 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder does the following things in your body 45 minutes after consumption:
- It normalizes the blood sugar levels and improves your body’s reaction to insulin
- It will stimulate digestion as well as remove any discomfort in the intestinal tract
- It produces and anticoagulant impact
- It will promote blood flow
- It inhibits cancer cell growth
- It provides soothing effect in case of arthritis
- It improves your cognitive function and memory
- It promotes cardiovascular health
- It improves your colon function
- It prevents illnesses caused by bacteria and infections
- It increases your energy levels
- It reduces capillary development in tumors
- It treats nausea and motion sickness
How to use cinnamon
Cinnamon works best if consumed in the morning as soon as you wake up. You should consume 1 teaspoon by adding it in milk, tea, fruit juice or coffee. You can also add 1 tablespoon of honey for even better effects.
Cinnamon also works wonders if you suffer from insomnia or if you are trying to lose weight. This miraculous spice can also be included in your daily skin care routine to help you remove years from your face.
Note: Children younger than 6, as well as pregnant and lactating women, and those who suffer from colitis or Crohn’s disease should NOT consume cinnamon.