A new study revealed that pomegranate juice can prevent hardening of the arteries.
The researchers discovered that pomegranate does not only prevent hardening thus reduce blood vessel damage, it also reverses the progression of the disease.
9 more benefits of pomegranate juice:
- Regenerates liver after damage
- Fights of various infections due to high amount of vitamin C
- Has anti-inflammatory properties
- Reduces bad cholesterol levels
- Studies have shown that you can prevent prostate and breast cancer, diabetes and lymphoma with regular consumption of pomegranate juice
- Prevents dental plaque due to antibacterial compounds it contains
- Promotes weight loss. A study from the University of Edinburgh has shown that consuming pomegranates reduces the most dangerous kind of fat – visceral
- Another study has shown that pomegranate juice protects the brains of newborn babies during traumatic births
- It contains phytonutrients and antioxidants that protect the DNA
How to choose the best pomegranate?
A ripe pomegranate fruit should feel heavy for its size which indicates that the seeds are juicy and full. Choose a fruit that has a firm skin and an angular shape. A good pomegranate is rich in color without any blemishes or cuts.
How to store pomegranates?
You should keep the fruit at a cold and dry place up to one month. If refrigerated it could last for two months.
How to prepare pomegranate?
Slice off the top, score the skin and then open the fruit. Put the fruit underwater and then remove the seeds with your fingers. The white membrane will float and the seeds will sink which makes removing the membrane from the water easy. This fruit can be consumed raw or as an addition to salad dressings or desserts.