Parasites are organisms that live in or on another organism and benefits by taking the nutrients from their host. They can affect the health of a human being and cause various diseases.
In the USA, millions of people are affected with parasitic infections caused by insects, worms or single-celled organisms. Parasites can even cause-life threatening infections, and Protozoa and Helminths are the main causes of parasitic diseases.
Protozoa are single-celled organisms that behave like tiny animals, they hunt and gather other microbes for food. Many protozoa live in the gastrointestinal tract and are safe but other types can cause diseases such as giardia and malaria.
Experts explain that protozoa spend a part of their life living outside of human bodies, for example in soil, food, water or insects. They mainly enter our bodies through food and drink.
The larger parasites are called helminths. If this parasite or its eggs enter the body they begin feeding of the body’s nutrients and they live in the skin, brain, lungs or the gastrointestinal tract. Tapeworms and roundworms are types of helminths.
In case you have an infection and you notice the following symptoms consult a health care specialist immediately:
- Rash, particularly when accompanied by fever
- Unusual and severe headache
- Blurred vision or other vision problems
- Difficulty breathing
- Cough that lasts more than a week
- Persistent vomiting
- Periods of rapid heartbeat
- An animal or insect bite
Luckily, these is a natural way to remove the parasites from the body. In case you have been diagnosed with a parasitic infection you can cleanse your body with the following amazing tea.
- 1 garlic clove
- Thin slice of ginger
- Grate the ingredients and place them in a small saucepan
- Add 1 cup of water to the pan and heat it on low heat
- Remove from heat once it starts boiling and leave it for 5 minutes
- Consume 2-3 times a day before meals