Keeping your body properly hydrated at all times is essential for maintaining your health and figure. Water is also needed for almost all body functions and dehydration can cause various health issues.
The recommended daily intake of water is about 2 liters; however, it depends on your level of activity. Besides maintaining your health, drinking enough water can also speed up the weight loss process. Every day we lose lots of water trough breathing, sweating and urination so make sure you don’t forget to drink water throughout the whole day.
Drinking sufficient amount of water provides the following benefits:
- Speeds up the weight loss process
- Provides you with more energy
- Eliminates the toxins
- Improves the function of the immune system
- Helps maintain regularity
- Improves kidney function
- Reduces muscle cramps and strains
- Eliminates the feeling of tiredness
- Makes your skin healthier and heals skin issues
- Improves overall health
Even though we know the importance of drinking plenty of water, we sometimes forget to drink it. These tips can help you remember to drink water every day.
- Count the glasses of water you have drunk during the day and don’t stop until you have drunk at least 8
- Drinking cold water burn more calories because it makes the body work harder to heat it up
- Keep a bottle of water with you all the time
- You can also hydrate your body by drinking natural lemon juice or herbal tea
- Consume more greens
- Drink a glass of water before every meal
- If you don’t want plain water you can add a slice of orange, cucumbers or lime to improve the taste.